the user about the same or by posting about the change or alteration through an e-mail about any changes made to the
should immediately stop using the website. Continued use of the website by the user would be considered as a sign of
Third Party Advertising
We have third party companies providing third party advertisements on our websites and other such sites where we advertise. These third-party companies utilize the information of your visits to our sites. Whenever these advertisements are served to the user, the third-party companies place their unique cookies on the user's browser on which the ads are shown or when they visit the site. Also, the website might use web beacons, which are provided by third-party advertising companies to supervise the online advertising. The web beacons allow the site to recognize cookies when the user visits the website and also to recognize the banner ads, which carried the user to the website.
IP Address. We gather the user's IP (Internet Protocol) address that helps in recognizing the problems with our server, and to manage the issues. An IP address is a number allocated to your computer when you use the Internet. Your IP address is used in identifying you during an online session and to collect data depending on demographics.
Cookies. These are small data parts designed by a web server. Cookies are distributed through a web browser and stored on the user's computer. Cookies help in tracking the online patterns and preferences of the user and also identify the user as a return visitor. These also make customization of your web experiences possible, so that the user need not add in every information every time they visit the website. The users who are visiting this site need to accept the cookies upon their visit to the site to get access to all the features of the site.
Web Beacons. These are programming code. Web Beacons are used in presenting an image on a web page. Web beacons are also used in transferring the unique user identification of the user (often in the form of a cookie) to a database and linking the individual to the acquired information in a database. Web beacons allow tracking some of the individual online visits of the website. Such tracking helps in regulating products and services that an individual may be interested in and tracking the online behavioral patterns of the users for marketing purposes.
Usage Tracking and Log Files. We keep track of related information of web pages viewed by the visitors. We also keep track of all the information with every hyperlink clicked by the user while visiting our sites or viewing our emails. Log files assist us in tracking and monitoring member usage.
Collection of personal information
The website may gather, store, and use the following types of information:
- (a) the information provided during the time of registration with our website;
- (b) the information provided during the time of subscribing to our newsletters or/and email notifications, including your name and email address;
- (c) the information about your computer or laptop, the use of this website along with your IP address, location, operating system, referral source, browser version and type, length of the visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- (d) the information provided by you while completing your profile on the website. This information includes your name, date of birth, address, gender, interests and hobbies, profile pictures, relationship status, educational details and employment details;
- (e) the information related to any purchases made on our website or any other transactions that you enter into through our website. Such information may include your name, email address, address, telephone number, and credit or debit card details;
- (f) the information provided while using the services on our website, or information created during the use of such services. These may include timing, frequency, and pattern of service use;
- (g) the information associated to any communication sent to us or sent through our website. These may include metadata and content related to the communication;
- (h) your information posted on our website for publication on the Internet. Such information may include your user name, profile pictures, and other related content of your posts; and
- (i) any of the other personal information that is sent by you to us.
It is imperative to get the consent of another person before the disclosure of the person's personal information to us.
No Information Collected from Children
Release of personal information
We may use the personal information provided by you to:
- (a) manage the business and website;
- (b) make modifications in the website;
- (c) allow your use of website services;
- (d) send the goods to you bought on our website;
- (e) offer you the services bought on our website;
- (f) send statements, invoices, and reminders of payments to you
- (g) collect back payments from you;
- (h) send you communications, which are non-marketing ones;
- (i) send user notices through e-mails, which are specifically requested by you;
- (j) send our email newsletter, in case these are specifically requested by you (moreover, you may also notify us in case you do not wish to receive newsletters);
- (k) send marketing communications, which are connected to our business, either by post or, by e-mail, of the same has been specifically requested by you(also, you can notify us to stop sending you these marketing communications if you no longer wish to receive these in the future);
- (l)provide information on statistics to third parties about the users (those third parties will not be able to recognize any particular user from the information provided);
- (m) deal with complaints and enquiries made by or about the user about to the website;
- (n) secure and safeguard the website from any fraudulent activities;
- (o) check compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (this also includes monitoring and scrutinizing the private messages sent through the private messaging service of the website).
In the event that you have provided any of your personal information to be published on the website, we would publish the content and/or use the furnished data in concurrence with the license that you have allowed to us. You can utilize the privacy settings to stop the distribution of the personal information given by you to our website and this can be modified utilizing the privacy controls on the site.
It should be noted here that no elements of your personal information will be published with third-party companies for purposes such as direct marketing, without a consensus.
All our financial transactions related to the website is taken care of by our payment service provider. We would share the personal information provided by you to our payment service provider for purposes such as payments or refunds, complaints and queries.
We may disclose your personal information:
- (a) when it comes to any prospective or ongoing legal proceedings;
- (b) to the extent that must do so by law;
- (c) to the buyer (or prospective buyer) of any business that we are (or are considering) selling;
- (d)to establish, exercise or protect our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of prevention of fraudulent activities and falling credit risk);
- (e) to any person, who we think may apply to a court or other capable authority for disclosing that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order reveal of that personal information.
gotanswer.net utilizes standard industry directions for the safeguarding and protection of the individual data and uses standard safety measures for the change, misuse, or loss of the data. Moreover, it ought to be noticed that the measure of transmitted information over the Internet, or the storage technique is not completely secure. However, we do our best to ensure and shield your personal information, yet we don't ensure its total security. Additionally, while we ensure making complete effort in securing the networks and systems, we do not guarantee that these security measures would stop the third-party hackers from obtaining the personal information, unlawfully.
Write to us