Tips on DIY washing machine repairing works
Calling for repairing services when your washing machine starts to can prove to be heavy on your wallet. You may find it useful to learn that some repair tasks can easily be performed by you.
Performing the repair job is easy. The difficult part is determining exactly which parts of front load washers need replacement or mending. The newer models in the market are accompanied by user manuals and by referring to them, the parts that have become dysfunctional can be ascertained. If you have the older models, you must first gain knowledge of how the machines function.
- Your first step towards undertaking the mending works should be to check the power cord for verifying if it is damaged.
- Secondly, you should ensure that there is no problem with the water supply. If none of these are the issues, there may be a need to clean the front load washers or top loading machines. As part of these measures, you should dismantle the washing cabinet for identifying if any parts have become worn-out. Spotting the dented portions is easy. Make sure the power and water source are not connected.
- Nonetheless, if your machine does not switch-on, then check the control panel, timer, and switch. The washing cycles and water levels are monitored by the timer. You may need to call the repairman if your timer is malfunctioning. Before you do so, it is advised to gauge whether the wires soldered onto the timer have a loosened up. If they are, you can simply solder them back, if you have a soldering gun.
- If your front load washers are leaking, it is likely that the water hose has loosened. In such cases, they should be tightened or replaced for solving the leakage problem.
- If your washing machine is noisy during operations or the cycles are not completed, the washer belts may be damaged. These can also be easily repaired or replaced. Take out the back-end part of your washer, loosen the bolts on the motor, and fix new ones. In most cases, they only need tightening or loosening to fix the problem.